Blister Packaging Market by Material (Paper & Paperboard, Plastic, Aluminum), Type (Carded, Clamshell), Technology (Thermoforming, Cold Forming), End-use Sector (Healthcare, Consumer, Industrial Goods), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Growth in demand from the healthcare industry to drive the market for blister packaging”
The global market for blister packaging is projected to grow from USD 18.65 billion in 2016 to reach USD 28.38 billion by 2022, at an estimated CAGR of 7.2%. The blister packaging market is driven by factors such as growth in demand for sustainable packaging, increase in demand for flexible packaging, cost-effectiveness, and reduced packaging waste. Factors such as growth in demand from the healthcare sector and the popularity of using convenient packaging are driving the demand for blister packaging. Emerging markets, such as the Asia-Pacific region, have contributed to an increase in the application of blister packaging in packaging products. Non-ability to stack heavy items is a restraining factor for the blister packaging market.
“Thermoforming segment, by technology, projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The thermoforming technology, by technology, is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. The print-ability and aesthetic appeal will drive the market of the thermoforming technology in the blister packaging market. Thermoforming of plastics require low initial tools and equipment costs as compared to injection and blow molding techniques. Thermoformed plastic film has a wide design scope and a visually pleasing appearance leading to its rising demand for blister packaging.
“Asia-Pacific to gain maximum traction during the forecast period”
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, followed by North America. In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest consumer for blister packaging, followed by India. China, with its growing healthcare, consumer goods, and food industries, is expected to drive the blister packaging market. India, with its growing inclination toward convenient products, is expected to influence the blister packaging market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Breakdown of primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of blister packaging. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 30%, Tier 3 – 35%
• By Designation: C level – 65%, Manager level – 35%
• By Region: North America – 25%, Europe – 28%, Asia-Pacific – 22%, South America – 10%, Middle East & Africa – 15%
The various suppliers of blister packaging and related products in the report are as follows:
1. Amcor Limited (Australia)
2. Bemis Company, Inc. (U.S.)
3. The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
4. WestRock Company (U.S.)
5. Sonoco Products Company (U.S.)
6. Constantia Flexibles (U.S.)
7. Klockner Pentaplast Group (Germany)
8. E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.)
9. Honeywell International (U.S.)
10. Tekni-plex, Inc. (U.S.)
11. Display Pack, Inc. (U.S.)
12. Pharma Pack, Inc. (U.S.)
The report defines, segments, and projects the blister packaging market size on the basis of type, technology, material, end-use industry, and region. The study analyzes competitive developments such as partnerships, agreements, contracts, and joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions; expansions, new product developments, and research & development activities in the blister packaging market.
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the blister packaging market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business.