Biocomposites Market by Fiber (Wood Fiber and Non-Wood Fiber), Polymer (Synthetic and Natural), Product (Hybrid and Green), End-Use Industry (Transportation, Building & Construction and Consumer Goods), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“The biocomposites market is projected to register a CAGR of 14.44% during the forecast period”
The biocomposites market is projected to reach USD 36.76 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 14.44% from 2017 to 2022. The major drivers stimulating the biocomposites market include government regulations regarding the use of environmentally friendly products and the safety & recyclability of biocomposites as compared to glass fiber and carbon fiber composites. The low strength of biocomposites as compared to synthetic fiber composites and the fluctuating cost, availability, and quality of raw materials are factors restraining the biocomposites market.
“Transportation is projected to be the fastest-growing end-use industry segment of the biocomposites market during the forecast period”
By end-use industry, the building & construction segment accounted for the largest share of the biocomposites market in 2016. However, the transportation segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Biocomposites are non-toxic, biodegradable, and low cost, as compared to synthetic fiber composites, and offers dimensional stability, moldability, and impact resistance. Using biocomposites in automotive interiors is safer than glass fiber or carbon fiber composites, as no sharp-edged fractures are formed in case of a crash, thereby providing safety to passengers.
“Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market for biocomposites”
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market for biocomposites from 2017 to 2022. The main factors that are expected to contribute to this growth are the increasing demand for biocomposites from the region’s building & construction, transportation, and consumer goods end-use industries. Increasing demand for non-toxic, biodegradable, and moisture & thermal resistant materials in the building & construction end-use industry is anticipated to drive the market for biocomposites in this region.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into the following three categories:
• By company type- Tier 1- 35%, Tier 2- 25%, and Tier 3- 40%
• By designation- C Level- 30%, Director Level- 25%, and Others- 45%
• By region- North America- 30%, Asia Pacific- 30%, Europe- 25%, Middle East & Africa- 10%, and Latin America- 5%
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of companies listed below:
• FlexForm Technologies (US)
• Tecnaro GmbH (Germany)
• UPM (Finland)
• Fiberon LLC (US)
• Green Bay Decking LLC (US)
• Meshlin Composites ZRT (Hungary)
• Universal Forest Products, Inc. (US)
• Alpas S.r.L. (Italy)
• Trex Company, Inc. (US)
• Jelu-Werk J. Ehrler GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
This report covers the global biocomposites market and forecasts the market size until 2022. The report includes the market segmentation by fiber (wood fiber and non-wood fiber), polymer (synthetic polymer and natural polymer), product (hybrid biocomposites and green biocomposites), end-use industry (transportation, consumer goods, building & construction, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America). Porter’s five forces analysis along with the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges have also been discussed in the report. In addition, it provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major players in the global biocomposites market.
Reasons to buy the report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the global biocomposites market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of revenues for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders better understand competitors and gain more insights to better their positions in their businesses. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem, new product launches, agreements, expansions, and mergers & acquisitions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook