Aseptic Packaging Market by Material (Plastic, Glass & Wood, Metal, Paper & Paperboard), Type (Cartons, Bottles & Cans, Bags & Pouches), Application (Food and Beverage), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Growth in demand from the beverage industry to drive the market for aseptic packaging.”
The global market for aseptic packaging is projected to grow from USD 39.62 billion in 2017 to reach USD 66.45 billion by 2022, at an estimated CAGR of 10.89%. The aseptic packaging market is driven by factors such as an increase in the demand for convenience and quality food products, and the growth of the dairy beverages market. Emerging markets, such as the Asia-Pacific region, have contributed to an increase in the application of aseptic packaging in packaging products. Cost-to-benefit ratio to small manufacturers and high research & development investment are the restraining factors for the aseptic packaging market.
“Bottles & cans segment, by type, projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The bottles & cans segment, by type, is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022. The increasing demand from the food and beverage packaging industries is driving the usage of bottles & cans in the aseptic packaging market. The growth of this market is attributed to the increasing demand for beverages, especially from the dairy and juice packaging market. The cans segment is influenced by the growth of tinned meat, seafood & fruit products, and ready-to-serve markets. Cans are sealed with a double seam and are air tight and tamperproof to ensure that food is preserved, has a long shelf life, and remains fresh.
“Asia-Pacific to gain maximum traction during the forecast period.”
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, followed by
Middle East & Africa. In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest consumer for aseptic packaging, followed by India. China, with its growing food and beverage industries, is expected to drive the aseptic packaging market. India, with its growing inclination toward convenient products packaging, is expected to drive the aseptic packaging market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Breakdown of primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts to collect data related to different aspects of aseptic packaging. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 35%, Tier 3 – 30%
• By Designation: C level – 65%, Manager level – 35%
• By Region: Europe – 28%, North America – 25%, Asia-Pacific – 22%, Middle East & Africa – 15%, South America – 10%
The various suppliers of aseptic packaging and related products in the report are as follows:
1. Tetra Laval International S.A. (Switzerland)
2. Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany)
3. Greatview Aseptic Packaging Co. Ltd. (China)
4. E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.)
5. Amcor Limited (Australia)
6. Bemis Company, Inc. (U.S.)
7. Reynolds Group Holding Limited (New Zealand)
8. DS Smith (U.K.)
9. Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.)
10. Industria Machine Automatiche S.P.A (Italy)
The report defines, segments, and projects the aseptic packaging market size on the basis of type, material, application, and region. The study analyzes competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, expansions & investments, new product developments, and research & development activities in the aseptic packaging market. The report provides DIVE chart which is prepared on the basis of ascertained scores on product offering and business strategy parameters, which depicts the differentiation of selected players as dynamic, innovators, vanguards, and emerging.
Reasons to buy the report
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the aseptic packaging market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business.