Aircraft Battery Market by Offering (Product- Battery (NICAD, Lithium Ion, Lead Acid, Others), BMS, Services) Application (Propulsion, APU, Emergency), Aircraft Type, End User, Power Density, Aircraft Technology, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
The aircraft battery market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.05% from 2017 to 2022.
The aircraft battery market is projected to grow from an estimated USD 475.0 million in 2017 to USD 667.8 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.05% from 2017 to 2022. The increasing adoption of more electric aircraft technology in commercial aircraft, increasing number of aircraft deliveries, and increasing demand for UAVs are the key factors driving the growth of the aircraft battery market.
Based on offering, the product segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the aircraft battery market in 2017.
Based on offering, the product segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the aircraft battery market in 2017. The product segment includes all the battery types and battery management systems used in aircraft. As the aircraft architecture is moving more towards electrical systems, the need for better and more number of batteries is driving the product segment of the aircraft battery market.
The North America region is estimated to account for the largest share of the aircraft battery market in 2017.
The North America region is estimated to account for the largest share of the aircraft battery market in 2017. The presence of major component manufacturers, such as Concorde Battery (US), True Blue Power (US), and Sion Power (US) is one of the most significant factors driving the demand for aircraft batteries in this region. North America is expected to continue its dominance in the aircraft battery market during the forecast period.
The breakup of the profiles of the primary participants in this report on the aircraft battery market has been given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
• By Designation: C Level – 35%, Director Level – 25%, and Others – 40%
• By Region: North America – 30%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific – 30%, Middle East – 10% and RoW – 10%
Key players profiled in this report on the aircraft battery market are Concorde Battery (US), Saft (France), EnerSys (US), Gill Batteries (US), Sichuan Changhong Battery (China), Cella Energy (UK), EaglePicher (US), GS Yuasa (Japan), KOKAM (South Korea), and Marvel Aero International (US), among others.
The market study segments the aircraft battery market based on offering (product, service), application (propulsion, auxiliary power unit, emergency, and others), aircraft type (civil aviation, military aviation, UAV), end user (OEM, Aftermarket), aircraft technology (traditional aircraft, more electric aircraft, hybrid aircraft, electric aircraft), and power density (less than 300 Wh/Kg, more than 300 Wh/Kg) and maps these segments and subsegments across four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The report provides in-depth market intelligence regarding market dynamics and major factors, such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges that influence the growth of the aircraft battery market, along with an analysis of micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and their contribution to the overall aircraft battery market.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analyses, including industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of the top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high growth segments of the aircraft battery market; high growth regions; and drivers, restraints opportunities, and challenges for the aircraft battery market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on different types of batteries offered by the top players operating in the aircraft battery market.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the aircraft battery market.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets as the report analyzes the markets for aircraft battery across varied regions.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the aircraft battery market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players operating in the aircraft battery market.