Aerostructures Market by Component (Fuselage, Empennage, Flight Control Surfaces, Wings, Nose, Nacelle & Pylon), Material (Composite, Alloys, Metals), End-Use (OEM, Aftermarket), Platform (Fixed & Rotary Wing), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Increase in outsourcing of aerostructure manufacturing to tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers is one of the key factors expected to drive the growth of the market”
The aerostructures market is projected to grow from USD 52.17 billion in 2016 to USD 75.97 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.47% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is mainly attributed to the rise in aircraft deliveries in the commercial and general aviation sectors. In addition, outsourcing of aerostructure manufacturing by major OEMs to tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers is further anticipated to drive the growth of the aerostructures market. However, recyclability issues associated with composite materials are restraining the growth of the market.
“The empennage segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Based on component, the aerostructures market has been segmented into fuselage, empennage, flight control surfaces, wings, nose, and nacelle and pylon, among others. The empennage segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2022. This growth is mainly attributed to the increasing usage of composite materials in the manufacture of empennage.
“The composites segment led the aerostructures market in 2016”
Based on material, the composites segment led the aerostructures market in 2016. Increasing adoption of composite aerostructures by the commercial and general aviation sectors is expected to drive the growth of the composites segment.
“North America is expected to lead the aerostructures market during the forecast period”
North America is expected to lead the aerostructures market from 2016 to 2022. Countries considered for market analysis in the North American region include the U.S. and Canada. The general and commercial aviation sectors in North America have witnessed considerable growth over the past few years, owing to increase in aircraft deliveries. In addition, the presence of leading manufacturers of aerostructures such as UTC Aerospace Systems (U.S.), Triumph Group, Inc. (U.S.), and AAR Corp. (U.S.) in this region is expected to drive the growth of the aerostructures market in North America.
Break-up of profile of primary participants in the aerostructures market:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
• By Designation – C Level – 35%, Director Level – 25%, and Others – 40%
• By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, and RoW – 5%
Major companies operating in the aerostructures market include UTC Aerospace Systems (U.S.), Leonardo S.p.A. (Italy), Triumph Group, Inc. (U.S.), RUAG Holding AG (Switzerland), Saab AB (Sweden), Cyient Limited (India), and AAR Corp. (U.S.), among others.
This research report categorizes the aerostructures market based on component (fuselage, empennage, flight control surfaces, wings, nose, and nacelle and pylon, among others), material (composites, alloys, and metals), end-use (OEMs and aftermarket), and platform (rotary wing aircraft and fixed wing aircraft). These segments and subsegments have been analyzed across major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analyses — industry analysis (industry trends), company profiles, emerging and high-growth segments of the market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on aerostructures offered by top players in the aerostructures market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and major contracts in the aerostructures market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets – the report analyzes the aerostructures market across various regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the aerostructures market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the aerostructures market