5G Infrastructure Market by Communication Infrastructure (Small Cell, RAN, Macro Cell), Network Technology (SDN, NFV, MEC, FC), Chipset Type (ASIC, RFIC), Application (Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Retail), and Geography - Global Forecast to 2026
“5G infrastructure market expected to grow at a CAGR of 50.9% between 2020 and 2026”
The 5G infrastructure market is estimated to be valued at USD 2.86 billion in 2020 and it is further expected to reach USD 33.72 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 50.9% between 2020 and 2026. The major factors driving the growth of the 5G infrastructure market include the increasing demand for mobile data services, rising importance of software implementation in a communication network, the growth of machine-to-machine (M2M) communication in industries, and growing demand for high speed and large network coverage. However, delay in the standardization of spectrum allocation is the major restraining factor for the growth of the 5G infrastructure market.
“Software-defined networking (SDN) technology expected to hold the largest market share in 2020”
The SDN has been proposed as a promising technique for 5G network as it will be a key component in designing 5G network infrastructure. The 5G network will provide fundamental infrastructure for a vast number of new devices with less predictability of data traffic patterns in the network. To successfully manage this new 5G network, the SDN would play an integral role in terms of offering new intelligent architecture for 5G network to reduce the hardware limitations.
“5G infrastructure market in APAC expected to grow at a high rate between 2020 and 2026”
This growth is mainly because of rapid technological development by major industrial players. Companies such as ZTE (China), Huawei (China), and Nokia (Finland) are heavily investing in 5G infrastructure products and initiating the development of prototypes and field trials together with some of the leading mobile service carriers such as AT&T (US), China Mobile (China), SoftBank (Japan), and China Unicom (China). Additionally, in industry advanced automation technologies such as machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, Internet of Things (IoT), and robotics are implemented to increase the efficiency. For these technologies, faster connectivity is of prime importance and 5G network technology is well-suited to addresses this concern.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key industry people. The breakup of the profile of primary participants has been given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 = 56%, Tier 2 = 23%, and Tier 3 = 21%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives = 75% and Manager = 25%
• By Region: North Americas = 40%, Europe = 23%, APAC = 26%, and RoW = 11%
The report profiles the top players in the 5G infrastructure market, along with providing their respective market ranking. Prominent players such as Qualcomm (US), Intel (US), Ericsson (Sweden), Samsung (South Korea), NEC (Japan), Qorvo (US), Huawei (China), MediaTek (Taiwan), and Cisco (US) have been profiled in this report.
• The 5G infrastructure market, by communication infrastructure, includes small cell, macro cell, and radio access network (RAN)
• The 5G infrastructure market, by core network technology, covers software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), mobile edge computing (MEC), and fog computing (FC)
• The 5G infrastructure market, by chipset type, comprises ASIC chips, RFIC chips, millimeter wave technology chips, field-programmable gate array (FPGA), and distributed antenna system (DAS)
• The 5G infrastructure market, by application, automotive, energy and utilities, healthcare, retail, intelligent buildings and infrastructures, industrial automation, consumer electronics, public safety and surveillance, and home automation
• The geographic analysis has been done with regard to North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW
Reasons to Buy This Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—market ranking of top players, value chain analysis, company profiles that discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the 5G infrastructure market, high-growth regions, and market dynamics—such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets and analysis of the market for 5G infrastructure market across regions
• Market diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments in the overall 5G infrastructure market
• Competitive assessment: In-depth assessment of market ranking, strategies, products, and leading players in the 5G infrastructure market.