Zoella Beauty: Demonstrating the power of social media celebrity branding
Launched in September 2014, the Zoella Beauty personal care range was created by popular video blogger Zoe Sugg (better known as Zoella). It includes bath products, fragrance mist, scented candles, and beauty bags, and became an instant success. The bestselling release has been quickly extended with three more Zoella licensed ranges, launched in a little over one year.
Features and benefits
- Understand what Zoella Beauty has and how it uses the name of image of a YouTube star to appeal to young consumers.
- Analyze the success of the Zoella Beauty Range.
- Understand how social media is increasingly influencing purchasing decisions.
The products' design and properties evoke Zoella's quirky style and her outlook on life that won her over 10 million YouTube subscribers. The added non-personal-care items help Zoella's fans emulate their idol's lifestyle.
Products licensed by YouTube stars can generate sizable profits, especially for budget and medium-priced brands, which are easily accessible to younger audiences. Social media increasingly influences everyday decision making processes. It is important for brands to recognize the impact of blogs and online reviews on their image. Your key questions answered
- What is Zoella Beauty and why was it launched?
- Why has Zoella been chosen to spearhead the range of personal care products?
- How can other retailers and YouTube stars follow suit?
- How is social media influencing consumers?
- INSTANT SUCCESS EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS
- Superdrug's most popular personal care line
- ""Tutti Fruity"" range's success outshines initial collection
- AFFORDABLE PRODUCTS ENDORSED BY YOUTUBE ""STARS"" RESONATE WITH YOUNG CONSUMERS
- Carefully chosen set of qualities necessary to win over target audience
- Sensory appeal plays key role in establishing brand among target demographic
- Cocooning contributes to at-home treatments expansion
- Complex promotion keeps the audience engaged
- Zoella's vulnerability boosted credibility of her stress-relieving range
- ONLINE CELBRITIES SPUR MILLENNIAL DEMAND FOR LICENSED PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
- Online celebrity's ""reign"" is shaping personal care market
- Self-expressive millennials fuel the demand for licensed personal care
- New celebrity type to improve the perception of low-trust licensed ranges
- A relatable star, affordability, and shrewd marketing make the range a success, and are the very factors that will continue to drive the licensed personal care products market
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine