Saudi Arabia PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Riyadh, Makkah, and the Eastern Region are the key metropolitan areas, and were home to 66.76% of Saudi Arabia’s population in 2019
Saudi Arabia was a top destination in terms of capital investment in manufacturing business activity in 2019. Saudi Arabia and the UAE were the top two investment destinations in the Arab region with projects valued at US$7.5bn in 2019.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 42.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (12.8%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (10.2%), according to GlobalData estimates. In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to decline by 6.1%, 5.4%, and 2.6% respectively in 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- According to the World Bank's Logistics Performance Index (LPI), the transport and logistic infrastructure in Saudi Arabia deteriorated in the last two years, with a decline in ranking from 52nd in 2016, to 55th in 2018.
- The overall TASI index has exhibited an upward trend over the past year. Although the market crashed in March 2020, it started recovering thereafter. As of December 11, 2020, the TASI Index had increased to 8,644.0 compared to 8,113.72 on December 11, 2019.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did You Know?
- Country Highlights
- COVID-19 Impact
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Saudi Arabia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and North Africa, and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Tadawul All Share (TASI) (December 2019-December 2020)
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2016-2023f)
- Exhibit 6: : FDI Inflows (2015-2019), and FDI Inward Stock (2015 2019)
- Exhibit 7: FDI Share by Capital Investment and Percent Share of Total Projects in the Arab Region (2019)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 2019
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2016-2023f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020e)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2016-2023f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2016-2023f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2019
- Exhibit 14: Mineral fuels and oil , % of total world exports, 2019
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (December 2016-December 2020)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate (2016-2023f)
- Exhibit 17: General Government Net Lending/ Borrowing (2016 2023f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2016-2023f)
- Exhibit 19: Unemployment Rate (2016-2023f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2016-2020e)
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2016-2019)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
- Exhibit 23: Age group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2020e
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2020
- Exhibit 27: High technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) 2019 or latest available data
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Saudi Arabia 2020
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2019
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2015-2019)