Publishing in Indonesia
Publishing in Indonesia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Indonesia publishing market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The publishing market consists of books, newspaper and magazines segments.
- The Indonesian publishing market had total revenues of $1,431.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The books segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $750.2m, equivalent to 52.4% of the market's overall value.
- Indonesia has a vibrant publishing industry and enormous potential for creative content because of its incredibly diverse culture.
Reasons to buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the publishing market in Indonesia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the publishing market in Indonesia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Indonesia publishing market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Indonesia publishing market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Indonesia publishing market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Indonesia publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Indonesia's publishing market?
- Executive Summary 2
- Market value 2
- Market value forecast 2
- Category segmentation 2
- Geography segmentation 2
- Market rivalry 2
- Market Overview 7
- Market definition 7
- Market analysis 7
- Market Data 9
- Market value 9
- Market Segmentation 10
- Category segmentation 10
- Geography segmentation 11
- Market Outlook 12
- Market value forecast 12
- Five Forces Analysis 13
- Summary 13
- Buyer power 15
- Supplier power 17
- New entrants 19
- Threat of substitutes 21
- Degree of rivalry 23
- Leading Companies 24
- BABBooks 24
- The Jakarta Post 25
- Kompas Gramedia 26
- Macroeconomic Indicators 27
- Country data 27
- Methodology 29
- Industry associations 30
- Related MarketLine research 30
- Appendix 31
- About MarketLine 31
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Indonesia publishing market value: $ million, 2013-17
- Table 2: Indonesia publishing market category segmentation: $ million, 2017
- Table 3: Indonesia publishing market geography segmentation: $ million, 2017
- Table 4: Indonesia publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
- Table 5: BABBooks: key facts
- Table 6: The Jakarta Post: key facts
- Table 7: Kompas Gramedia: key facts
- Table 8: Indonesia size of population (million), 2013-17
- Table 9: Indonesia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2013-17
- Table 10: Indonesia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2013-17
- Table 11: Indonesia inflation, 2013-17
- Table 12: Indonesia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
- Table 13: Indonesia exchange rate, 2013-17
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Indonesia publishing market value: $ million, 2013-17
- Figure 2: Indonesia publishing market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
- Figure 3: Indonesia publishing market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
- Figure 4: Indonesia publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
- Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the publishing market in Indonesia, 2017
- Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the publishing market in Indonesia, 2017
- Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the publishing market in Indonesia, 2017
- Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the publishing market in Indonesia, 2017
- Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the publishing market in Indonesia, 2017
- Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the publishing market in Indonesia, 2017