Publishing Global Industry Almanac_2016
Global Publishing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value , and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global publishing market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global publishing market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global publishing market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global publishing market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global publishing market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the global publishing market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global publishing market?
The publishing market consists of books, newspaper and magazines segments.
The book publishing segment includes publishers of academic, professional, general and other (fictions, non-fiction etc) books. The market value of this segment refers to the domestic B2C sales of books only at the retail sales price (RSP).
The newspaper segment is valued as the sum total of all revenues gained from the sale of newspapers including those gained through circulation, subscription (inc. online subscription), and advertising revenue.
The magazine segment value is calculated as the revenues generated by publishers from B2C sales of copies of their products, and does not include advertising revenues.
Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The global publishing market had total revenues of $758,350.8m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% between 2011 and 2015.
The book segment was the market's most lucrative in 2015, with total revenues of $603,466.0m, equivalent to 79.6% of the market's overall value.
With both the Europe and North America markets shrinking in recent years, the increase in the Asia- Pacific market manage to bring the global market to a positive growth. In addition, the global market is expected to pick in the forecast period.