Publishing in Australia
Publishing in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia publishing market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The publishing market consists of books, newspaper and magazines segments.
- The Australian publishing market had total revenues of $2,558m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The books segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $1,528.3m, equivalent to 59.7% of the market's overall value.
- Declines in this market are being driven by the contraction seen in the newspapers and magazines segments of the market. Newspapers are being impacted by the fall of advertising spend, both in print and digital form.
Reasons to buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the publishing market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the publishing market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia publishing market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Australia publishing market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia publishing market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's publishing market?
- Executive Summary 2
- Market value 2
- Market value forecast 2
- Category segmentation 2
- Geography segmentation 2
- Market rivalry 2
- Market Overview 6
- Market definition 6
- Market analysis 6
- Market Data 8
- Market value 8
- Market Segmentation 9
- Category segmentation 9
- Geography segmentation 10
- Market Outlook 11
- Market value forecast 11
- Five Forces Analysis 12
- Summary 12
- Buyer power 14
- Supplier power 16
- New entrants 18
- Threat of substitutes 20
- Degree of rivalry 22
- Macroeconomic Indicators 24
- Country data 24
- Methodology 26
- Industry associations 27
- Related MarketLine research 27
- Appendix 28
- About MarketLine 28
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Australia publishing market value: $ million, 2013-17
- Table 2: Australia publishing market category segmentation: $ million, 2017
- Table 3: Australia publishing market geography segmentation: $ million, 2017
- Table 4: Australia publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
- Table 5: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
- Table 6: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2013-17
- Table 7: Australia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2013-17
- Table 8: Australia inflation, 2013-17
- Table 9: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
- Table 10: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Australia publishing market value: $ million, 2013-17
- Figure 2: Australia publishing market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
- Figure 3: Australia publishing market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
- Figure 4: Australia publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
- Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the publishing market in Australia, 2017
- Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the publishing market in Australia, 2017
- Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the publishing market in Australia, 2017
- Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the publishing market in Australia, 2017
- Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the publishing market in Australia, 2017
- Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the publishing market in Australia, 2017