PESTLE Insights: Venezuela - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 27.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (23.5%), and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (11.8%).Zulia and the Capital region contributed 20.7% to the nation’s total population and are home to the major economic activities of the country, as per latest available data (2011)FDI inflows to Venezuela recovered in 2018The turbulent economic and political situation of the country is reflected in the IBVC index of the Caracas Stock Exchange. The index decreased from 22,796 on May 21, 2018, to 17,077 on May 20, 2019.
Reasons to buy
- As per the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Venezuela deteriorated sharply over the last two years with a decrease in rank from 122nd in 2016 to 142nd out of 160 countries in 2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Venezuela’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Venezuela Stock Market (IBVC) index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 6: Net FDI inflows and outflows (2011-2018), FDI by type of earnings (2015) and Greenfield investments (2011-2018)
- Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
- Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2011-2018)
- Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
- Exhibit 13: Mineral Fuel, Oils and Product of Their Distillation 2018
- Exhibit 14: Exchange rate (January 2017-May 2019) and Inflation rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 15: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 16: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990,2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 21: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 22: Gender Split (1990,2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 23: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2018
- Exhibit 24: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018
- Exhibit 25: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2017)
- Exhibit 26: Doing Business in Venezuela 2019
- Exhibit 27: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 28: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)