PESTLE Insights: Venezuela - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Zulia and the Capital region contribute 20.7% to the nation’s total population and is home to major economic activities of the country.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 30.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (22.1%), and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (11.5%).
Reasons to buy
- The IBVC index of the Caracas Stock Exchange recorded a significant growth in the past one year due to currency devaluation and very high level of inflation. The index rose from 60.5 on May 11, 2017 to 19,927 on May 11, 2018.
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Venezuela deteriorated over the last two years with a decrease in rank from 76th in 2014 to 122nd out of 160 countries in 2016.
- In February 2018, Venezuela and China signed 22 new agreements worth US$2.7 bn to strengthen bilateral ties.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations.
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Table of Contents
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Venezuela’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Venezuela Stock Market (IBVC) index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: Net FDI inflows and outflows (2013-2016), FDI by type of earnings (2015) and Greenfield investments (2014-2016)
- Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2010-2013
- Exhibit 13: Mineral fuel, oils and product of their distillation 2013
- Exhibit 14: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate
- Exhibit 15: Public Finance
- Exhibit 16: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 17: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 18: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 19: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 20: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 21: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 22: Gender Split
- Exhibit 23: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 24: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 25: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 26: Doing Business in Venezuela 2018
- Exhibit 27: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 28: CO2 Emissions