PESTLE Insights: United Kingdom - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
London, South East UK, North West UK and East of England contributed 56.2% to the country’s GDP and comprised 47.5% of the UK’s population, as of 2016.
Japan, the US and France were the top three investors in the UK in 2017.
The overall FTSE100 index exhibits a downward trend over the last one year. As of January 14, 2019, FTSE100 index stood at 6,855 as compared to 7,778.6 on January 14, 2018.
Reasons to buy
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in the UK has deteriorated over the last four years with decline in rank from 4th in 2014 to 8th in 2016 and further to 9th out of 160 countries in 2018.
- Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 33.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017 followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (14.0%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (13.5%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are forecast to grow by 3.7%, 2.5% and 3.5%, respectively in 2019.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: United Kingdom’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: FTSE Index (FTSE100)
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 6: Net FDI (2014-2017), FDI Share by Sector (2017) and FDI by Sector (2014-2017)
- Exhibit 7: FDI by Continent (2013-2017) and FDI by Country (2013-2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
- Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors, Machinery, Mechanical Appliances, Boilers; Parts Thereof, % of World’s Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (Dec 2013- Dec 2018)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2012-2017)
- Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports) 2017
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in United Kingdom 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)