PESTLE Insights: Ukraine - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
The Kiev and Dinpropetrovsk contributed 33.6% to the country’s GDP and comprise of 14.5% of the Ukraine’s population.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 25.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (17.4%) and transport, storage and communication (11.9%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 6.5%, 10.3% and 12.7% respectively in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- The overall PFTS index exhibits an upward trend over the past year. As of May 4th, 2018 PFTS index stood at 471.97 as compared to 276.22 on May 4, 2017
- Lion’s share of foreign investment inflow was from other European nations in 2017
- The government of Ukraine envisages to repair and build 1000 kms of road during 2018-2022.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Ukraine’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Ukraine Stock Market (PFTS) Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflow and Outflow (2010-2017) and FDI by Sector (2017)
- Exhibit 7: FDI by Regions (2011-2017) and FDI by Sectors (2011-2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
- Exhibit 14: Iron and Steel % of World Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Ukraine 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions