PESTLE Insights: Russia - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Central Federal District (Moscow, Kaluga, Lipetsk) and North West Federal District (St. Petersburg, Leningrad, Vologda) were the most preferred destinations for the investors accounting for more than 70% of the total investments received in the first three quarters of 2016. Wholesale & retail, mining & quarrying, basic metals and food attracted the most foreign investments during the period.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Russia identifies the potentials of Russia as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
Reasons to buy
- Sliding of oil prices and the sanctions imposed on Russia by the western economies from end of 2014 onwards drove the economy into recession. Rise in household consumption expenditure narrowed the contraction in GDP to -0.2% in 2016 from -2.8% in 2015. The economy is expected to post positive growth in 2017 on the expected marginal recovery in the oil prices.
- Russian Federation performed better in environmental and technology and infrastructure parameter, while macroeconomic, political, legal, and demographic risks are higher in comparison to other emerging economies of Europe, Asia and African regions in MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 2: Main Invested Sectors (US$ bn), Q1-Q3 2016
- Exhibit 3: FDI Inflows by Sectors, 2011 and 2015
- Exhibit 4: Main Invested Regions (US$ Mn), Q1-Q3 2016
- Exhibit 5: Investment by Region Growth rate (% YoY), Q1- Q3, 2016
- Exhibit 6: Russia’s Performance in Global Risk Analysis In Comparison to Europe and World
- Exhibit 7: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 9: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 10: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 11: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Public Finances
- Exhibit 14: Labour Market Indicator, 2012-19f
- Exhibit 15: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 16: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 17: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 18: Number of Patents Granted per mn Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 19: Business R&D Expenditure, 2015