PESTLE Insights: Peru - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
The North Western region of Peru is the best performing region. Lima district, Piura and La Libertad together generate 51.7% of Peru’s total GDP and consist of 42.8% of the population.
Services contributed (69.9%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (23.4%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 1.4% and 2%, respectively in 2017
Reasons to buy
- Spain continues to be leading investor in Peru with a share of 18.5% in 2015, closely followed by United Kingdom at 17.9% share in total FDI inflows.
- The upward rising trend of the index indicates acceleration of the economic activity in the country. The index rose from 15,766 in February 21, 2017 to 20,730.6 in February 20, 2018.
- Peru ranked 53rd out of 136 nations in the MLCRI Q3 2017. The country’s score is in the low risk nations band (30-40)
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Peru's Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World 11
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
- Exhibit 4: SP/BVL PERU GEN 14
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016) 16
- Exhibit 7: Investment by Sector and Country, 2016 18
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016) 24
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2016 26
- Exhibit 14: Total Ores, Slag and Ash, % of World Total, 2016 26
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation 28
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance 29
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt 29
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment 31
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2012-16 31
- Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index 31
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 32
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split 32
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 34
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 35
- Exhibit 27: Expenditure on R&D (% OF GDP) 35
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Peru 2018 36
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 36
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions