PESTLE Insights: Ireland - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 36.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (25.1%) and transport, storage and communication activities (13.0%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.4%, 5.0% and 5.3%, respectively, in 2019.
Five major regions in Ireland generated 68.0% of the country’s GDP and had 74.6% of the country’s population as per the latest available data
The overall ISEQ (Irish Stock Exchange) index exhibited an increasing trend over the past year. As of November 15, 2019, the ISEQ index stood at 6,921.8, compared to 5,957.2 on November 15, 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Ireland envisages investing EUR116bn (US$129.6bn) during the period 2018-2027 on public infrastructure and capital works under the National Development Plan
- As per the Logistics Performance Index 2018, Ireland with the score of 3.51 was ranked 29th out of the total 160 nations.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Ireland’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to West Europe and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Ireland Stock Market Index (November 2018-November 2019)
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-21f)
- Exhibit 6: Total FDI, FDI by Sector, and Leading FDI by Industry, 2017-2018
- Exhibit 7: FDI by Region and Leading FDI by Geography, 2017-2018
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
- Exhibit 14: Pharmaceutical Products, % Share in World’s Total, 2018
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (2010-2019)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt(2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (1995,2005,2015,2025)
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2005,2015,2025)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995,2005,2015,2025)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2018
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Inhabitants, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports), 2018
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Ireland 2020
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2017)