PESTLE Insights: Finland - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Helsinki-Uusimaa and Western Finland contribute 61.3% of the nation’s GDP and 54.9% of the total population resides in the region.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 20.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (15.6%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (11.0%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 2.4%, 3.7% and 3% respectively in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- The overall OMX Helsinki 25 index exhibits an upward trend over the last one year. As of March 7, 2018, OMX Helsinki 25 index stood at 4,074.39 as compared to 3,760.47 on March 7th 2017.
- FDI inflows in Finland on a path to recovery after the Eurozone crisis
- The Government of Finland announced that it will invest €700 mn (US$777.8 mn) between 2016 and 2019, in line with its new anti-austerity measures. The investment will be directed towards the transport sector, mainly railway lines.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Finland’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average 11
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index 12
- Exhibit 4: OMX Helsinki 25 14
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
- Exhibit 6: Net Inflows and Outflows (2013-2016) and Greenfield Investments (2014-2016) 16
- Exhibit 7: FDI by Country (2016) and FDI Inflows by Sector (2013-2016) 18
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016) 24
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017 26
- Exhibit 14: Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances, 2017 26
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation rate 28
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance 29
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt 29
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment 31
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages 31
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index 31
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 32
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split 32
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 34
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 35
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports) 35
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Finland 2018 36
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017 36
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37