PESTLE Insights: Egypt - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
The governorates of Cairo and Alexandria of Egypt is the best performing region in the country. They together generate 53.5% of the total GDP of the country and account for 16% o the total population.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed (30.9%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotel sector (15.8%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 26.3% and 26.2% respectively in 2018
Reasons to buy
- The upward rising trend of the index indicates acceleration of the economic activity in the country. The index rose from 13,023.49 in March 20, 2017 to 17,113.9 in March 20, 2018.
- United Kingdom continues to be leading investor in Egypt with a share of 41.2% in 2016-2017, followed by Belgium at 14.9% share in total FDI inflows.
- The Government of Egypt plans to invest US$15.3 bn worth of investment in rail and metro projects
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Egypt's Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and Africa and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: EGX30
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2013-2016) and Greenfield Investment (2014-2016)
- Exhibit 7: Investment by Sector and Country, 2016
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
- Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuel and Oils and their Products, % Of World Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2012-16
- Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High Technology Exports, % of total exports (2016)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Egypt 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions