PESTLE Insights: Belgium - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Flemish region is among best performing regions in Belgium. It solely contributed 58.7% to GDP and comprised 57.6% of the Belgian population in 2016
Americas region was leading investor in Belgium with FDI inflows of US$7.3bn, while most European nations divested from the country
Financial intermediation contributed 29.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by other services (24.3%) and mining, manufacturing and utilities (16.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors grew by 3.0%, 5.0% and 3.8%, respectively in 2018, as per GlobalData estimates.
Rising trend of the BEL 20 (^BFX) index over last one year exhibits progress of the economy. As of January 17, 2018, BEL 20 (^BFX) index stood at 3,429.7, compared to 4,148.6 on January 17, 2019.
Reasons to buy
- Belgium ranked third out of 160 nations in the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018
- Several firms, along with funding from European Commission (EC), have invested US$1.5bn in 54 transport projects out of 114 eligible proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility during 2014-2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Belgium’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Belgium Stock Market (BEL 20 (^BFX))
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows in Belgium (2013-2017) and FDI Share by Sector (2017)
- Exhibit 7: Investment by Region and Country (2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
- Exhibit 14: Vehicles, % of World Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2016
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Belgium 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions