PESTLE Insights: Argentina - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 22.4% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (17.6%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (16.8%). The three sectors are expected to grow by CAGRs of 24.4%, 24.1% and 24.1%, respectively, over 2019–2021.
The four major provinces comprised 59.4% of the country’s population in 2018 and the highest concentration of economic activities is in Buenos Aires, which is the capital of Argentina
The country’s FDI inflow slowed down during 2018, compared to a rise the previous year. The economy’s high level of volatility is having an impact on foreign investments.
Reasons to buy
- As per the Logistics Performance Index (2018) by the World Bank, Argentina ranked 61st out of 160 countries.
- The overall MERV (Argentina Merval Index) index exhibited an increase over the last year. As of November 29, 2019, the MERV index stood at 34,500.2, compared to 31,482.6 on November 29, 2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did You Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Argentina’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: MERV INDEX (November 29, 2018 - November 29, 2019)
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors; Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 6: FDI Flows and FDI Stock (2014-2018)
- Exhibit 7: Country Wise Share - FDI (2016) and Investment by Country (2012-2016)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, (2015-2018)
- Exhibit 14: Food Industries, Residues and Wastes Thereof; Prepared Animal Fodder, % Share of World’s Total (2018)
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (January 2016 - September 2019)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2013-2018)
- Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (2005, 2015, 2025)
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2005, 2015, 2025)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (2005, 2015, 2025)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users as a % of the Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rates (2018)
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million People (2018)
- Exhibit 27: High Technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2018)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Argentina 2020
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perceptions Index (Rankings) (2018)
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2011-2017)