OTC Pharmaceuticals in Asia-Pacific
OTC Pharmaceuticals in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the otc pharmaceuticals market in Asia-Pacific
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the otc pharmaceuticals market in Asia-Pacific
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key otc pharmaceuticals market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Asia-Pacific otc pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Asia-Pacific otc pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Asia-Pacific otc pharmaceuticals market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Asia-Pacific otc pharmaceuticals market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Asia-Pacific otc pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in Asia-Pacific's otc pharmaceuticals market?
The OTC pharmaceuticals market consists of the retail sale of traditional medicines, cough and cold preparations (tablets, mixtures, lozenges, topical remedies, inhalers), vitamins and minerals (multi-vitamins, single minerals, single vitamins, tonics, cod liver oil), indigestion preparations (tablets, powders, mixtures), analgesics (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Aspirin and other analgesics), medicated skin products (anti-bacterials, acne treatments, anti-fungal, disinfectants and other), topical OTC medicines (anesthetic products, anti-itch products, antibiotic creams/gels), plasters & bandages (adhesive bandages/plasters, first aid tape, gauze pads/rolled gauze, liquid bandages and other tape or bandage), first aid kits and other (anti-smoking aids, rectal medications, eye/ear drops, sleeping aids, and motion sickness). The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The Asia-Pacific OTC pharmaceuticals market generated total revenues of $45,821.5m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.2% between 2011 and 2015.
Traditional medicines recorded the highest sales value in the Asia-Pacific OTC pharmaceuticals market in 2015, with total sales of $17,084.2m, equivalent to 37.3% of the market's overall value.
China's large ageing population and inequity in healthcare provision may be behind the strong growth.