Metals & Mining in North America
Metals & Mining in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The metals & mining industry consists of the aluminum, iron & steel, precious metals & minerals, coal and base metal markets.
- The North American metals & mining industry had total revenues of $242.8bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.2% between 2014 and 2018.
- Production volumes declined with a CARC of - 2.2% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 984.6 million metric ton in 2018.
- The Iron & Steel segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $129.7bn, equivalent to 53.4% of the industry’s overall value.
Reasons to Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the metals & mining market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the metals & mining market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key metals & mining market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America metals & mining market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- What was the size of the North America metals & mining market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the North America metals & mining market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America metals & mining market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up North America's metals & mining market?
- 1 Executive Summary
- 1.1. Market value
- 1.2. Market value forecast
- 1.3. Market volume
- 1.4. Market volume forecast
- 1.5. Category segmentation
- 1.6. Geography segmentation
- 1.7. Market rivalry
- 1.8. Competitive Landscape
- 2 Market Overview
- 2.1. Market definition
- 2.2. Market analysis
- 3 Market Data
- 3.1. Market value
- 3.2. Market volume
- 4 Market Segmentation
- 4.1. Category segmentation
- 4.2. Geography segmentation
- 5 Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market value forecast
- 5.2. Market volume forecast
- 6 Five Forces Analysis
- 6.1. Summary
- 6.2. Buyer power
- 6.3. Supplier power
- 6.4. New entrants
- 6.5. Threat of substitutes
- 6.6. Degree of rivalry
- 7 Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Who are the leading companies?
- 7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
- 8 Company Profiles
- 8.1. Freeport-McMoRan Inc
- 8.2. Newmont Corp
- 8.3. Fresnillo Plc
- 8.4. Rio Tinto
- 9 Appendix
- 9.1. Methodology
- 9.2. About MarketLineTable of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market rivalry
1.8. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading companies?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Freeport-McMoRan Inc
8.2. Newmont Corp
8.3. Fresnillo Plc
8.4. Rio Tinto
9.2. About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: North America metals & mining industry value: $ billion, 2014-18
- Table 2: North America metals & mining industry volume: thousand metric ton, 2014-18
- Table 3: North America metals & mining industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2018
- Table 4: North America metals & mining industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2018
- Table 5: North America metals & mining industry value forecast: $ billion, 2018-23
- Table 6: North America metals & mining industry volume forecast: thousand metric ton, 2018-23
- Table 7: Freeport-McMoRan Inc: key facts
- Table 8: Freeport-McMoRan Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
- Table 9: Freeport-McMoRan Inc: Annual Financial Ratios (Continued)
- Table 10: Freeport-McMoRan Inc: Key Employees
- Table 11: Newmont Corp: key facts
- Table 12: Newmont Corp: Annual Financial Ratios
- Table 13: Newmont Corp: Key Employees
- Table 14: Newmont Corp: Key Employees Continued
- Table 15: Fresnillo Plc: key facts
- Table 16: Fresnillo Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
- Table 17: Fresnillo Plc: Key Employees
- Table 18: Rio Tinto: key facts
- Table 19: Rio Tinto: Annual Financial Ratios
- Table 20: Rio Tinto: Key Employees