Marine Freight in the United Kingdom - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Marine Freight in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container (only LoLo) and dry bulk cargo, by sea- and ocean-going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. The values are calculated by multiplying the average price of the goods per ton of volume of cargo transported. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- The UK marine freight industry had total revenues of $10.6bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2016 and 2020.
- The Containerized segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $8.8bn, equivalent to 83.2% of the industry's overall value.
- Looking forward to 2021, pent up demand for consumer goods could contribute to a boom in activity in the UK marine freight sector. However, this may be unsustainable in the long-term, creating volatility within the sector.
Reasons to Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the marine freight market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom marine freight market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- What was the size of the United Kingdom marine freight market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom marine freight market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom's marine freight market?
List of TablesTable 1: United Kingdom marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Table 2: United Kingdom marine freight industry category segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 3: United Kingdom marine freight industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 4: United Kingdom marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Table 5: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: key factsTable 6: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: Annual Financial RatiosTable 7: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: Annual Financial Ratios (Continued)Table 8: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: Key EmployeesTable 9: CMA CGM SA: key factsTable 10: CMA CGM SA: Key EmployeesTable 11: Bibby Line Group Ltd: key factsTable 12: Bibby Line Group Ltd: Key EmployeesTable 13: United Kingdom size of population (million), 2016-20Table 14: United Kingdom gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 15: United Kingdom gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 16: United Kingdom inflation, 2016-20Table 17: United Kingdom consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20Table 18: United Kingdom exchange rate, 2016-20List of FiguresFigure 1: United Kingdom marine freight industry value: $ billion, 2016-20Figure 2: United Kingdom marine freight industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 3: United Kingdom marine freight industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 4: United Kingdom marine freight industry value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the marine freight industry in the United Kingdom, 2020Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the marine freight industry in the United Kingdom, 2020Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the marine freight industry in the United Kingdom, 2020Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the marine freight industry in the United Kingdom, 2020Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the marine freight industry in the United Kingdom, 2020Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the marine freight industry in the United Kingdom, 2020
- 1 Executive Summary
- 1.1. Market value
- 1.2. Market value forecast
- 1.3. Category segmentation
- 1.4. Geography segmentation
- 1.5. Market rivalry
- 1.6. Competitive Landscape
- 2 Market Overview
- 2.1. Market definition
- 2.2. Market analysis
- 3 Market Data
- 3.1. Market value
- 4 Market Segmentation
- 4.1. Category segmentation
- 4.2. Geography segmentation
- 5 Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market value forecast
- 6 Five Forces Analysis
- 6.1. Summary
- 6.2. Buyer power
- 6.3. Supplier power
- 6.4. New entrants
- 6.5. Threat of substitutes
- 6.6. Degree of rivalry
- 7 Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Who were the most notable players in 2020?
- 7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
- 7.3. How is research and development enhancing leading players' strategies?
- 8 Company Profiles
- 8.1. A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S
- 8.2. CMA CGM SA
- 8.3. Bibby Line Group Ltd
- 9 Macroeconomic Indicators
- 9.1. Country data
- 10 Appendix
- 10.1. Methodology
- 10.2. Industry associations
- 10.3. Related MarketLine research
- 10.4. About MarketLine