City Statistics Chartbook: Top 20 Middle Eastern Cities
In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- Middle Eastern and African cities have generally performed well, and while the region suffered heavy loses in 2001-02 during the Iraq war growth has been strong since then and the region only suffered a minor dip during the recession in 2008-09.
- The majority of Middle Eastern and African cities have xeperienced little to no per capita GDP growth. The outlying cities are typically in oil-rich nations such as Abu Dhabi and their growth is expected to slow as the West seeks to reduce its dependence on Saudi oil.
- Population across the region has grown rapidly historically and while growth is expected to slow it is still expected to be strong. This slowdown in population growth is indicative of a region poised to transition into a mature and developed economic region.
Reasons to buy
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
- Middle East Country Economic Overview
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Economic Overview
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Demographics
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Unemployment
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Employment
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Households
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Household Income & Expenditure
- Middle East Top 20 Cities GVA
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Education
- Middle East Top 20 Cities Appendix