City Statistics Chartbook: Top 20 Japanese Cities
In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- Japanese cities have enjoyed consistent - if slight - GDP growth in recent years, except for slight decline in 2008-09 during the Great Recession which it recovered from quickly.
- Japanese cities have a fairly high per capita GDP on average and every city is expected to increase this metric in the future.
- In Japan the population is overwhelmingly concentrated in Tokyo and Osaka, and the country is suffering from a severe aging population problem as birth rates are very low.
Reasons to buy
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
- Japan Country Economic Overview
- Japan Top 20 Cities Economic Overview
- Japan Top 20 Cities Demographics
- Japan Top 20 Cities Unemployment
- Japan Top 20 Cities Employment
- Japan Top 20 Cities Households
- Japan Top 20 Cities Household Income & Expenditure
- Japan Top 20 Cities GVA
- Japan Top 20 Cities Education
- Japan Top 20 Cities Appendix