City Statistics Chartbook: Top 20 German Cities
In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- Germany has always had a very stable economy, and this is reflected in the consistent - if very slight - GDP growth in its major cities. It took a moderate hit in 2008-09 during the Great Recession, but recovered quickly.
- Most major German cities are very similar in terms of both per capita GDP and per capita GDP growth rates. The country enjoys a strong workplace culture and so has developed a resilient, strong economy.
- While most European countries are experiencing slowing population growth or population decline, most German cities have experienced moderate population growth. This has been due primarily to the recent influx of migrants from Syria into Germany.
Reasons to buy
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
- Germany Country Economic Overview
- Germany Top 20 Cities Economic Overview
- Germany Top 20 Cities Demographics
- Germany Top 20 Cities Unemployment
- Germany Top 20 Cities Employment
- Germany Top 20 Cities Households
- Germany Top 20 Cities Household Income & Expenditure
- Germany Top 20 Cities GVA
- Germany Top 20 Cities Education
- Germany Top 20 Cities Appendix