City Statistics Chartbook: Top 50 European Cities
In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- Most major European cities have grown steadily since the crash in 2008-09, but there have been a number of smaller isolated recessions in some countries, for example Russia and Italy,and Europe as a region has yet to fully recover.
- The vast majority of European cities are very similar; relatively small and mature with low GDP growth. There are a few outliers, for example Moscow which is currently experiencing rapid unsustainable growth but generally European cities are developed and healthy.
- Nearly every European city is expected to experience a slowdown in population growth. Countries such as Italy, Germany and to a lesser extent Spain are struggling from an aging population with is likely to exert pressure on pension and healthcare services in teh future.
Reasons to buy
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
- Europe Economic Overview
- Top 50 Europe Cities Economic Overview
- Top 50 Europe Cities Demographics
- Top 50 Europe Cities Unemployment
- Top 50 Europe Cities Employment
- Top 50 Europe Cities Households
- Top 50 Europe Cities Household Income & Expenditure
- Top 50 Europe Cities GVA
- Top 50 Europe Cities Education
- Top 50 Europe Cities Appendix