City Profile - Zurich; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
The Zurich metropolitan area or Greater Zurich Area (GZA) is one of Switzerland’s five metropolitan regions comprising seven cantons, namely Aargau, Glarus, Schaffhausen, Thurgau, Schwyz, Zug and Zurich. The economy of the area is mainly dominated by the tertiary sector with more than 77.4% contribution to the total GVA. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Zurich” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Zurich. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Zurich is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in over the years.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Zurich canton - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Zurich canton- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Zurich canton - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Zurich canton -- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Zurich canton - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Zurich city - population change, 2011-2017
- Table 7: Zurich canton - main universities, 2017
- Table 8: Zurich canton - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 9: Zurich canton - population by age, 2000-25
- Table 10: Zurich canton - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 11: Zurich canton- key airport indicators
- Table 12: Zurich canton - Fortune Global 500 companies with HQ in city, 2017
- Table 13: Zurich canton - office rents, 2017
- Table 14: Zurich City - International arrivals by country of residence
- Table 15: Zurich canton - MICE and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Zurich canton- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Zurich canton - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Zurich canton - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Zurich canton - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Zurich canton - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Zurich canton - population by age, 2000-25