City Profile - Xi’an city; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Xi’an is the capital of Shaanxi province and has jurisdiction over 10 districts. Capital city has strong footing over industries and is one of the largest industrial sectors in the province accounting for 41.6% to the overall GVA of the city. The city's economy is dominated by agricultural products processing, tourism, aviation, equipment manufacturing, and automobile industries.
“City Profile - Xi’an city” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Xi’an city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the city’s economy - and the major employers.
- The strong economy the city is experiencing low unemployment rate of 3.3% and is projected to ease further in the next couple of years.
- Xi’an city is one of the key tourist destinations in China, for both domestic and international tourists. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Xi’an city - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Xi’an city - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Xi’an city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Xi’an city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Table 5: Xi’an city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Xi’an city - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Xi’an city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Table 8: Xi’an city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Xi’an city - mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 10: Xi’an Xianyang International Airport - key airport indicators
- Table 11: Xi’an city - Fortune 500 companies with main HQ in city, 2015
- Table 12: Xi’an city - grade A office rents, Q4 2015
- Table 13: Xi’an city - international arrivals by country of residence
- Table 14: Xi’an city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 15: Xi’an city - MICE and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Xi’an city- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Xi’an city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Xi’an city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Xi’an city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Xi’an city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Xi’an city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)