City Profile - Wellington; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Wellington region, also known as Greater Wellington, covers an area of 8,124km2 and comprises the Wellington Urban Area (WUA) and its suburbs. Wellington area’s economy is more resilient compared to other areas economies in New Zealand and able to maintain its economy momentum beside falling commodity prices, majorly due to the presence of the government sector in the area. Growth is likely to be boosted by improvement in the household consumption and tourism, construction and retail sectors over the next couple of years.
“City Profile - Wellington” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Wellington. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the city’s economy - and the major employer.
- Wellington is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in the past two years. Wellington is experiencing persistent increase in terms of construction sector since past two years.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Wellington Urban Area - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Wellington Urban Area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Wellington Urban Area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Wellington Urban Area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Wellington Urban Area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Wellington Urban Area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 7: Wellington Urban Area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 8: Wellington city - mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 9: Wellington city - key airport indicators, September 2016 to August 2017, (2016-17)
- Table 10: Wellington city - passenger movements at Wellington international airport
- Table 11: Wellington city - office rents, Q2 2017
- Table 12: Wellington city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Wellington Urban Area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Wellington Urban Area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Wellington Urban Area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Wellington Urban Area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Wellington Urban Area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Wellington Urban Area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)