City Profile - Varna ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Varna is the third largest city in Bulgaria in terms of population after Sofia and Plovdiv. The metropolitan area's fiber-optic network is one of the largest in the country and spreads over 300km with various internet service providers and network operators. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 68.9% share.
“City Profile - Varna” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Varna city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Varna is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. Strong performance is observed in the retail, construction and real-estate sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Varna metropolitan area- key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Varna metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Varna metropolitan area- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Varna metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Varna metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Varna metropolitan area- population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 7: Varna metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 8: Varna metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 9: Varna metropolitan area - key airport indicators, January - November 2016
- Table 10: Varna metropolitan area - passengers and flights movements at airport
- Table 11: Varna - office rents, Q2 2016
- Table 12: Varna metropolitan area - tourist arrivals
- Table 13: Varna metropolitan area- hotel establishment key indicators
- Table 14: Varna metropolitan area- hotel establishment performance
- Table 15:Varna metropolitan area- MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Varna metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Varna metropolitan area- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Varna metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Varna metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Varna metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Varna metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)