City Profile - Sydney; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Greater Sydney, also referred to as Metropolitan Sydney, is one among the 16 GCCSA (Greater Capital City Statistical Area) and is the most populous GCCSA in Australia. Sydney is the economic center of Australia accounting for about 20.1% of the national GDP. Rapid growth in the industry and tertiary sectors and improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Sydney” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Sydney. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The Industry and service sectors remain the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Sydney is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the past two years. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment and value of building approvals.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Sydney metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Sydney metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Sydney metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Sydney metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Sydney metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Sydney city - main universities, 2017
- Table 7: Sydney metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Sydney metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Sydney city - mass transit network indicators, 2017
- Table 10: Sydney city - key airport indicators, 2015-17
- Table 11: Sydney city - key port indicators, 2015-17
- Table 12: Sydney city - Fortune Global 500 Companies, HQ in City, 2017
- Table 13: Sydney city - office rents, Q2 2018
- Table 14: Sydney city - tourist visitors (million), 2008-17
- Table 15: Sydney city - overnight visitors (million), 2008-17
- Table 16: Sydney metropolitan area - top 10 international source markets 2017
- Table 17: Sydney: hotel key performance indicators
- Table 18: Sydney city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 19: Sydney city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Sydney metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Sydney metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Sydney metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Sydney metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Sydney metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Sydney metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)