Singapore ;Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
The Republican State of Singapore is a small island City-state located in Southeast Asia. It consists of one main island and 60 small islands (islets). The total land area is 719.2km2 with population density 7,797 per square kilometer. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Singapore” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Singapore. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Singapore is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in 2016.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot 2
- PEST Analysis 6
- Political 6
- Economic 7
- Social 16
- Technology and Infrastructure 21
- Communications 21
- Internal Transport Networks 21
- Connectivity 21
- Airports 22
- Business Environment Analysis 24
- Travel and Tourism 25
- Tourism Flows 25
- Hotels 26
- Attractions 27
- Events 28
- Construction and Real Estate 29
- Investment 29
- Real Estate Market 30
- Retail 31
- Retail Market 31
- Consumption, Income and Prices 31
- Appendix 32
- Sources 32
- Further Reading 32
- Ask the analyst 32
- About MarketLine 32
- Disclaimer 32
- List of TablesTable 1: Singapore - key facts (estimates), 2016 2Table 2: Singapore - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 9Table 3: Singapore - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11Table 4: Singapore - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13Table 5: Singapore - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15Table 6: Singapore- main universities, 2016 16Table 7: Singapore - population comparison, 2000-25 18Table 8: Singapore - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20Table 9: Singapore- key airport indicators 22Table 10: Singapore - Fortune Global 500 companies with main HQ in city, 2016 24Table 11: Singapore - office rents, Q4 2016 24Table 12: Singapore - international arrivals by region of residence, 2016 25Table 13: Singapore - international visitors arrivals 26Table 14:Singapore - hotel indicators, 2016 27Table 15: Singapore - hotel indicators, (January-April) 2017 27Table 16: Singapore- UNESCO World Heritage Sites 28Table 17:Singapore- MICE and other events 28
- List of FiguresFigure 1: Singapore - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 8Figure 2: Singapore - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10Figure 3: Singapore - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12Figure 4: Singapore - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14Figure 5: Singapore - population comparison, 2000-25 17Figure 6: Singapore - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19