City Profile - San Jose; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
San Jose is one of the most populous cities in the US and in California state. The city is a hub for software and IT industries and has a considerable economic and financial influence, accounting for 1.4% of national GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - San Jose” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting San Jose. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer. San Jose is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the past few years.
- Business tourism stands a contributor to the tourism sector. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: San Jose metropolitan area - key facts, 2017
- Table 2: San Jose metropolitan area- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: San Jose metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: San Jose metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison (2000-2025) (US$)
- Table 5: San Jose metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25) (% of total)
- Table 6: San Jose metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-25) (million)
- Table 7: San Jose metropolitan area - population by age (% of total)
- Table 8: San Jose Metropolitan Region - Mass Transit Network Indicators, 2016
- Table 9: San Jose Metropolitan Region - Key Airport Indicators
- Table 10: San Jose Metropolitan area - Fortune Global 500 Companies, HQ in City, 2017
- Table 11: San Jose metropolitan area - Office Rents, Q3 2017
- Table 12: San Jose metropolitan area - key hotel performance indicators*
- Table 13: San Jose metropolitan area - MICE and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: San Jose metropolitan area- real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: San Jose metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: San Jose metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison (2000-25)
- Figure 4: San Jose metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25) (% of total)
- Figure 5: San Jose metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-25) (million)
- Figure 6: San Jose metropolitan area - population by age (% of total)