City Profile - Riyadh; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Riyadh city or Riyadh metropolitan area is the capital of Saudi Arabia and is the second-largest city after Mecca, in terms of population. To curb the government expenditure, multiple investment opportunities are made available for the private sector as well as foreign companies. Riyadh metropolitan area’s accounts for 20% of the nation’s population and 20% of the national economy. The industry sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2017, accounting for 57.4% share, followed by tertiary sector (40.9%) and primary sector (1.7%).
“City Profile - Riyadh” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Riyadh city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The industry sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy.
- Riyadh is a key tourist destination for international tourists and experienced healthy growth. Strong performance is observed in the real-estate and construction sector with increasing employment and number projects undertaken.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Riyadh City- key facts (estimates),2017
- Table 2: Riyadh city-real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Riyadh city- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Riyadh city- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5:Riyadh city- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6:Riyadh city - main universities, 2017
- Table 7: Riyadh city- population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Riyadh city- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Riyadh -King Khaled International Airport-key airport indicators, 2014-2017
- Table 10:Riyadh- office rents, Q1 2018
- Table 11: Riyadh- Fortune Global 500 Companies, 2017
- Table 12:Riyadh - top five international arrivals by country of residence, 2016
- Table 13:Riyadh - international overnight visitors
- Table 14:Riyadh - hotel indicators 2013-18
- Table 15:Riyadh -UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 16:Riyadh -MICE and other events, 2018
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Riyadh city -real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Riyadh city- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Riyadh city- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Riyadh city- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Riyadh city- population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Riyadh city- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)