Riga ;Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Riga metropolitan area or Riga metropolitan city is spread across an area of about 247km2. It is a bustling business, industrial and financial center of the Baltics. The area has a strong presence of industry and service sectors. The area's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Riga” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Riga. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Riga is a key tourist destinations in Latvia, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors are experiencing a healthy growth.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot 2
- PEST Analysis 6
- Political 6
- Economic 7
- Social 16
- Technology and Infrastructure 21
- Communications 21
- Internal Transport Networks 21
- Connectivity 22
- Airports 23
- Ports 24
- Business Environment Analysis 25
- Travel and Tourism 26
- Tourism Flows 26
- Hotels 27
- Attractions 28
- Events 29
- Construction and Real Estate 30
- Investment 30
- Real Estate Market 31
- Retail 32
- Retail Market 32
- Consumption, Income and Prices 32
- Appendix 33
- Sources 33
- Further Reading 33
- Ask the analyst 33
- About MarketLine 33
- Disclaimer 33
- List of TablesTable 1: Riga metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016 2Table 2: Riga metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 9Table 3: Riga metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11Table 4: Riga metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13Table 5: Riga metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15Table 6: Riga metropolitan area - main universities, 2016 16Table 7: Riga metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 18Table 8: Riga metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20Table 9: Riga metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, 2016 21Table 10: Riga International Airport - key airport indicators, 2014-16 23Table 11: Riga metropolitan area - office rents, H1 2016 25Table 12: Riga metropolitan area - tourism indicators 26Table 13: Riga metropolitan area - international arrivals by country of residence, Q1 2016 26Table 14: Riga metropolitan area - hotel establishment key indicators 2014-16 27Table 15: Riga metropolitan area - hotel establishment performance, 2015-16 28Table 16: Riga city - UNESCO world heritage sites 28Table 17: Riga metropolitan area - MICE and other events 29
- List of FiguresFigure 1: Riga metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25 8Figure 2: Riga metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10Figure 3: Riga metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12Figure 4: Riga metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14Figure 5: Riga metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 17Figure 6: Riga metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19