City Profile - Porto Alegre; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Porto Alegre is the southernmost capital city of Rio Grande do Sul state. The population of the area accounts for 2.1% of the national population. Favorable geographic location, high accessibility and a diverse range of industries support the area’s economy. Service sector is the key driver of the area’s economy with trade, transportation information, communication, financial services, insurance and real estate as the major sub-sectors.
“City Profile - Porto Alegre” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Porto Alegre.The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Porto Alegre falls in the top 14 cities of Latin America based upon the business activity, human capital, information exchange, cultural experience and political engagement. Porto Alegre provides excellent infrastructure (including healthcare centers, large hospitals, schools, universities and strong transport system).
- The city has one of the highest standards of living in Brazil. It is also Southern Brazil’s most important tourism city.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Porto Alegre metropolitan area -real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Porto Alegre metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 7: Porto Alegre metropolitan area- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 8: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 9: Porto Alegre Airport - key airport indicators, 2014-16
- Table 10: Porto Alegre city - MICE *and Other Events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Porto Alegre metropolitan area -real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Porto Alegre metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Porto Alegre metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Porto Alegre metropolitan area- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)