City Profile - Paris; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Paris metropolitan region, also referred to as Paris urban area, is the most densely built metropolitan region in France. It has a significant economic and financial influence, accounting for around 30.0% of national GDP and ranked top in terms of GDP per capita. Improvements in financial services, hospitality and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Paris” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Paris. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Paris is a key tourist destination for domestic tourists and experienced healthy growth over the past two years. Strong performance is observed in the construction and real estate sector with increasing employment and increase in home sales on back of low interest rates.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Paris metropolitan region - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Paris metropolitan region - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Paris metropolitan region - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Paris metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Paris metropolitan region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Paris metropolitan region - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Paris metropolitan region - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Paris metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Paris city - mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 10: Paris metropolitan region - passenger movements at airport
- Table 11: Paris metropolitan region - aircraft movements at airport
- Table 12: Paris city - Fortune 500 companies with main HQ in Paris 2016
- Table 13: Paris city - office rents, Q1 2017
- Table 14: Paris city- international and domestic tourism indicators (hotel guests)
- Table 15: Paris city- international arrivals (hotel guests) by country of residence
- Table 16: Paris city- hotels indicators
- Table 17: Paris city- MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Paris metropolitan region - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Paris metropolitan region - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Paris metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Paris metropolitan region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Paris metropolitan region - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Paris metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)