City Profile - Oslo ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Oslo metropolitan region, also known as Greater Oslo region is the most populous city in Norway and has a significant economic and financial influence. Improvements in financial services, hospitality and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Oslo” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Oslo. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Fall in global crude oil prices is likely to undermine Norway’s economic growth as the country is a key oil exporter.
- Oslo is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth over the past two years. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Oslo metropolitan region- key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Oslo metropolitan region- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Oslo metropolitan region- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Oslo metropolitan region- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Oslo metropolitan region- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Oslo metropolitan region- main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Oslo metropolitan region- population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Oslo metropolitan region- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Oslo metropolitan region- key airport indicators, 2016 (January-November)
- Table 10: Oslo metropolitan region- passengers and flights movements at airport
- Table 11: Oslo city- office rents, Q2 2016
- Table 12: Oslo city - international guest nights by country of residence, 2014-2016
- Table 13: Oslo metropolitan region- MICE and other events 2017
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Oslo metropolitan region- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Oslo metropolitan region- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Oslo metropolitan region- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Oslo metropolitan region- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Oslo metropolitan region- population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Oslo metropolitan region- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)