City Profile – Istanbul
Istanbul province is the country’s commercial, historical and cultural center of Turkey. The region has a pivotal role in the country’s economy accounting for 26.1% of national GDP. Manufacturing, financial sectors are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile – Istanbul” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Istanbul.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector and industrial sector are the key contributors to the regional economy and the major employers in the region.
- The region remained as the preferred tourist destination among the Europeans. Strong performance in tourism is observed in terms of the arrival of international tourists. The international tourists to the region surged three times over last 10 years.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail and Consumption
- Retail Market
- Consumption income and prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Istanbul province – key facts (estimates), 2015
- Table 2: Istanbul province – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Istanbul province – economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Table 4: Istanbul province – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 ($)
- Table 5: Istanbul province – employment structure 2000-25, (% of total)
- Table 6: Istanbul province – main universities, 2015
- Table 7: Istanbul province – population comparison, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 8: Istanbul province – population by age, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 9: Istanbul city – mass transit network indicators, 2015
- Table 10: Istanbul province – key airport indicators, 2015
- Table 11: Istanbul province – office rents, Q2 2015
- Table 12: Istanbul province – international tourists by country of residence, 2014-2015
- Table 13: Istanbul province – UNESCO world heritage sites, 2015
- Table 14: Istanbul province – MICE and other events
- List Of Figures
- Figure 1: Istanbul province – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Istanbul province – economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Figure 3: Istanbul province – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Istanbul province – employment structure 2000-25, (% of total)
- Figure 5: Istanbul province – population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Istanbul province – population by age, 2000-25