City Profile - Hong Kong; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Hong Kong is an autonomous Special Administrative Region (SAR) of the People's Republic of China. Hong Kong being one of the main business hubs of Asia, acts as accelerator for the economic growth. Also Asia gradually emerging as the lead generator of global growth, boosted significance of Hong Kong as main trading hub for propelling the economic growth of Hong Kong SAR.
“City Profile - Hong Kong” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Hong Kong. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Hong Kong is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in the past five years. Hong Kong is experiencing persistent increase in terms of retail sales since 2006.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Hong Kong - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Hong Kong - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Hong Kong - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Hong Kong - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Hong Kong - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Hong Kong - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Hong Kong - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Hong Kong - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Hong Kong - mass transit network indicators, 2016
- Table 10: Hong Kong - key airport indicators, 2016
- Table 11: Hong Kong - office rents, 2016
- Table 12: Hong Kong - major tourism indicators
- Table 13: Hong Kong - international guest arrivals by country of residence
- Table 14: Hong Kong - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Hong Kong - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Hong Kong - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Hong Kong - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Hong Kong - employment structure, 2000-25
- Figure 5: Hong Kong - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Hong Kong - population by age, 2000-25