City Profile - Hobart; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Greater Hobart also referred to as Metropolitan Hobart in the state of Tasmania, Australia. The Hobart metropolitan area accounts for 43% of Tasmania’s total GDP and 0.9% of the nation’s total GDP.
Favourable export activities coupled with depreciation of the local currency is likely to propel economic growth in the next few years. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the region’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 69.8% share.
"City Profile - Hobart” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Hobart city.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Hobart is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists in the state of Tasmania and experienced healthy growth.
- Strong performance is observed in the retail sector with 1.7% growth in retail sales.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Hobart metropolitan area - key facts, (estimates) 2017 2
- Table 2: Hobart metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
- Table 3: Hobart metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
- Table 4: Hobart metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13
- Table 5: Hobart metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25(% of total) 15
- Table 6: Hobart metropolitan area - main universities, 2017 16
- Table 7: Hobart metropolitan area -population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
- Table 8: Hobart metropolitan area -population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
- Table 9: Hobart International airport - key indicators 22
- Table 10: Hobart metropolitan area - tourism indicators 25
- Table 11: Hobart metropolitan area -international countries of tourist arrivals 26
- Table 12: Hobart metropolitan area - key hotel indicators 27
- Table 13: Hobart metropolitan area - building permits and values 29
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Hobart metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
- Figure 2: Hobart metropolitan area - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
- Figure 3: Hobart metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12
- Figure 4: Hobart metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25(% of total) 14
- Figure 5: Hobart metropolitan area -population comparison, 2000-25 17
- Figure 6: Hobart metropolitan area -population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19