City Profile - Hamburg ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Hamburg city is the second largest city in Germany after Berlin and the ninth largest in the EU (European Union) in terms of population. Hamburg metropolitan region includes seven cities and the region’s economy accounts for 3.6% of the national economy. The city is one of the world’s foremost locations for the civil aviation industry with 40,000 employees working under the sector. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the region’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 80% share.
“City Profile -Hamburg” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Hamburg city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Hamburg is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists in Germany and experienced healthy growth. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Hamburg metropolitan region - key facts estimates, 2016
- Table 2: Hamburg metropolitan region - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-2025
- Table 3: Hamburg metropolitan region - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Hamburg metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Hamburg metropolitan region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Hamburg metropolitan region - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Hamburg metropolitan region - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Hamburg metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Hamburg metropolitan region - mass transit network indicators, 2015
- Table 10: Hamburg metropolitan region - key airport indicators
- Table 11: Hamburg- office rents, Q3 2016
- Table 12: Hamburg metropolitan region - international arrivals by country of residence, Jan-Nov 2016
- Table 13: Hamburg city - hotel indicators
- Table 14: Hamburg- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Table 15: Hamburg - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Hamburg metropolitan region - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Hamburg metropolitan region - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Hamburg metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Hamburg metropolitan region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Hamburg metropolitan region - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Hamburg metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)