City Profile – Gurgaon
Gurgaon metropolitan region has emerged as a significant commercial hub over the past ten years with influx of national and international companies establishing offices in the city. The region contributes 3.7% (nominal terms) of national GDP in 2015. With its close proximity to Delhi, the economy of Gurgaon grew swiftly in the past decade, mainly driven by the booming service sector.
“City Profile – Gurgaon” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Gurgaon.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy – and the major employer.
- Gurgaon is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the last year. Business tourism stands a contributor to the tourism sector. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Gurgaon metropolitan region – key facts (estimates), 2015
- Table 2: Gurgaon metropolitan region – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Gurgaon metropolitan region – economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Table 4: Gurgaon metropolitan region – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 ($)
- Table 5: Gurgaon metropolitan region – population comparison, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 6: Gurgaon metropolitan region – population by age, 2000-25 (in Millions)
- Table 7: Gurgaon city – mass transit network indicators, 2015
- Table 8: Gurgaon city – key airport indicators, FY2014-15
- Table 9: Gurgaon city – office rents, H1 2015
- Table 10: Gurgaon city – MICE and other events
- List Of Figures
- Figure 1: Gurgaon metropolitan region – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Gurgaon metropolitan region – economy comparison (Index 2010=100) , 2000-25
- Figure 3: Gurgaon metropolitan region – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Gurgaon metropolitan region – population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 5: Gurgaon metropolitan region – population by age, 2000-25