City Profile - Dhaka; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Dhaka city or Dhaka Statistical Metropolitan Area (SMA) is the capital of Bangladesh. The city’s nominal GDP accounted for 6.5% of the national GDP in 2017. Improvements in public administration, education, and health, as well as in the manufacturing, construction, and transport sectors are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Dhaka” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Dhaka. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the city’s economy - and the major employer.
- Dhaka is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Dhaka city - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Dhaka city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Dhaka city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Dhaka city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Dhaka city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Dhaka city - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Dhaka city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Dhaka city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Dhaka city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Dhaka city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Dhaka city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Dhaka city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Dhaka city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Dhaka city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Dhaka city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)