City Profile - Darwin; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Greater Darwin or the Darwin's Greater Capital City Statistical Area (GCCSA) is one of the 16 GCCSA regions in Australia. Darwin has evolved from a commercial and industrial center into an economic center, due to rapid growth in the tertiary sector, such as finance and insurance, trade, transport, communications and real estate. Mining and tourism sectors underpinned by the government sector investment are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Darwin” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Darwin. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The Industry and service sectors remain the key contributor to the Darwin’s economy - and the major employers.
- Darwin is a key tourist destination in Northern Territory (NT) for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the year. Strong performance is observed in the construction and real estate sector due to rise in the investment.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Greater Darwin - key facts (estimates), 2017
- Table 2: Greater Darwin - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Greater Darwin - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Greater Darwin - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Greater Darwin - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Greater Darwin - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 7: Greater Darwin - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 8: Greater Darwin - Darwin International Airport key indicators
- Table 9: Darwin city - office rents, H1 2018
- Table 10: Greater Darwin - tourism indicators, FY2017 (number)
- Table 11: Greater Darwin - international arrivals by country of residence, FY2017 (number)
- Table 12: Greater Darwin - international overnight visitors by country of residence, FY2017
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Greater Darwin - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Greater Darwin - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Greater Darwin - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Greater Darwin - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Greater Darwin - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Greater Darwin - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)