City Profile - Colombo; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail
Colombo District is one of the 25 districts in Sri Lanka. It includes the capital city Colombo and 12 other sub-units known as divisional secretariats. The economy growth in the city is likely to be driven by the Sri Lanka’s economic reform program, which is supported by International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a three-year extended fund facility to pursue revenue-based fiscal consolidation. Service sector is a major contributor to the overall GVA of city’s economy accounting for 61%.
“City Profile - Colombo” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Colombo.The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the city’s economy - and the major employer.
- Colombo is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Colombo city - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Colombo city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Colombo city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Colombo city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Colombo city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Colombo city - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Colombo city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Colombo city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Colombo city - key airport indicators, 2011-16
- Table 10: Colombo city - office rents, May 2017
- Table 11: Colombo city - guest nights in accommodation establishments, 2013-16
- Table 12: Colombo city - accommodation establishments key indicators, 2013-16
- Table 13: Colombo city - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Colombo city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Colombo city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Colombo city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Colombo city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Colombo city - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Colombo city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)