City Profile - Cologne ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
The Cologne (Köln) metropolitan area in Germany is composed of Cologne (Köln) city, Leverkusen city, Rhein-Erft County, and Rheinisch-Bergischer County. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 77.2% share. The increasing employment and household income is expected to have a significant positive effect on the area’s economy over the next decade.
“City Profile - Cologne” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Cologne. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Cologne is a key tourist destination in Germany for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth. Positive growth in construction sector was supported by rise in investments.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cologne metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016
- Table 2: Cologne metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Cologne metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Cologne metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Cologne metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Cologne city - main universities, 2016
- Table 7: Cologne metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (Million)
- Table 8: Cologne metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Cologne metropolitan area - public transport network indicators, 2016
- Table 10: Cologne Bonn International Airport - key airport indicators
- Table 11: Cologne metropolitan area - Fortune Global 500 companies, 2016
- Table 12: Cologne - office rents, Q3 2016
- Table 13: Cologne city - tourism indicators
- Table 14: Cologne city - international arrivals by country of residence
- Table 15: Cologne - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Cologne metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Cologne metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Cologne metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Cologne metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Cologne metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Cologne metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)